On Wed, 3 Oct 2012, Adam L. Schiff wrote:

> That might have been true for AACR2 John, but not for RDA.  RDA doesn't have
> the exception to omit the place if it is already part of the preferred name.

  Sorry about that, Steve. We're not in RDA country out here yet. Are you
sure it might not have simply been overlooked in the great RDA-growth
experiment? :)  [PS: I definitely think that particular change is a good
idea-- there goes my rebel image]

Cheers!

jgm

  John G. Marr
  Cataloger
  CDS, UL
  Univ. of New Mexico
  Albuquerque, NM 87131

     **There are only 2 kinds of thinking: "out of the box" and "outside
the box."

Opinions belong exclusively to the individuals expressing them, but
sharing is permitted.