WRT DSD over HDMI-
HDMI 1.3 incorporated direct DSD playback over HDMI. There are a bunch of
receivers from Sony, Onkyo, Yamaha that take DSD directly and convert to
analog in the receiver.
I've got an Oppo universal player that feeds a Sony STR-DA4600es receiver
that will decode anything that you can throw at it (Including internet
radio and high res files from my media server) and cost the princely sum of
$550. The converters are actually the equal of the Oppo player in DSD and I
can control the thing from my telephone when using it in the second zone in
the basement.
I already have a Roku player and a PC hooked up to the thing, but for
another $200 you can get the next model up that includes access to all the
video streaming services and has even more IO.
The cost of entering the DSD world has really come down to the lowest
common denominator crowd.

All the best,
-mark