He is a pirate. There are several. UMG, the legitimate owner of Command Classics, knows who they
are.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roderic G Stephens" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 5:56 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Medinah Temple

Hi Tom and Don,
Tom said,<snip>

" In my opinion, both musically and sonically, the Steinberg and Fox albums were all good to
excellent. "
<snip>

I have collected and still have some of the original reel to reel Command Classics with Fox and
Steinberg and the Pittsburgh. I think they are very good as Tom states, but my favorite is the Rach
#2 which I've transferred and remastered to my own CD. The strings have an excellent sweet quality,
and the recording has an excitement and drive that I haven't heard matched in very many (and there
are many) other recordings. There is one flaw in my reel to reel where the left channel drops out
for a few seconds, but thanks to my digital tools, I was able to bring up the level and eq it to
sound good.
This guy seems to be able to remaster Commands and others from disks and tapes, but how does he get
around copyrights? http://klassichaus.us/Orchestral.php
Rod Stephens