-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Tom Fine
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 7:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] new releases

Hi Thomas:

Yippee! Especially on a sequel to "The Stuff that Dreams Are Made Of." More R. Crumb, old ditties
and a thick booklet chock full of record-collector lore.

I heard some of the Satchmo over the weekend on WBGO's internet stream. They happened to have a
great afternoon show going on Saturday, while we were washing storm debris off the house and then
decided to wash all the windows while we had the ladders out.

One thing about the Sony reissue boxes is that they tend to go down in price once they've been in
the market for a while. I think Sony does these like UMG and Sony do the classical box sets -- they
pre-sell them, no returns allowed, then manufacture to order and may or may not manufacture any
more, depending of demand builds beyond expectations.

The Duke Ellington box is great, putting some stuff back in print that's been unavailable for a
while. I have most of the LPs so I'll probably skip it, but I can highly recommend most of the music
in it.

-- Tom Fine