The thread on uk.tech.broadcast started off about false-stereo on the recording of Archive on Four - Tuning In - about the early days of the Beeb. Folks were bemoaning (rightly so IMHO) the fact that recording standards and sound engineering knowledge and expertise and training was not as good as in the old days.

I would opine that after the recent Jimmy Saville fiasco et al that the standards at the Beeb have fallen to rock bottom in general. So much so that there is now a nationwide boycott into paying the licence fee.

Anyway I guess in celebrating 90 years of broadcasting all sorts of forgotten recordings are coming to light. Might I recommend the series Full Set 90 by 90 currently being aired by BC Radio 4 Extra? They consist of compilations of 90 second clips of historic recordings.

Chris B.