On the strength of Jon's item vs playing time comment, I once saw it argued
that therefore Monteverdi was more popular than Mahler.

Steve Smolian

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jon Samuels
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] truth or myth -- RCA claims about first digital
recording

The most ever recordings would be very difficult to measure.  Is a one
sided, 78 recording equivalent to an opera, i. e, are they both considered
to be one recording?
By the way, another artist who spanned acoustical to digital was the pianist
Shura Cherkassky.
Jon Samuels