I don't know if he's been mentioned yet but Shura Cherkassky certainly recorded acoustic recordings in 1924 and recorded well into the digital era, (I recorded him myself digitally on a number of occasions). �It was a little frustrating recording him, on one occasion I arrived half an hour before the scheduled sound check and he was already there rehearsing. �As soon as I walked in he said, "I'll just get out of your way while you set up.", and he never came back until concert time.

db � �