 From: "Schooley, John" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:12 AM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Hurricane Sandy causes "catastrophic" damages at Norton Records warehouse

From Billy Miller yesterday, via Facebook:

"Thanks to all who have checked in offering concern for us here at
Norton Records during Hurricane Sandy. The Brooklyn warehouse which was
home to Norton Records was completely flooded by the tidal surge, which
is only now beginning to subside. We have no electricity, and the damage
is catastrophic. Please realize that many items will be unavailable
going forward. We will work to respond to all orders and inquiries, but
there may be a delay in responding. All mail going in and out of the New
York area has been closed down since the storm hit. We hope to be back
in action as soon as possible as ''the label with the able stable"

As a big fan of Norton's reissues, this terrible news.

-Schooley

John Schooley, MSIS
Austin History Center
810 Guadalupe