-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tom Fine
Sent: Thu 15 Nov 2012 19:39
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Interesting details on new Beatles LP reissues

I thought that Abbey Road used 1-inch 4-track machines during the
Beatles sessions, so the bouncing degradation wouldn't be as bad. Don
Cox, if you don't like "produced sound recordings," then you'll never
like the Beatles so you probably should pay no attention to the hubub.
Very little popular music since the 50s has been "documentary
recordings."  So count on overdubbing, sound effects, track-bouncing and
all other manner of production techniques. The Beatles were among the
most innovative of their generation as far as using the studio and
electronic recording production techniques as allies and fortifications
of their compositions. This whole MO is not universally loved. That's
why there's the stop button and the off switch.

-- Tom Fine