Autocaters, Bibframers, and RDA-Lers,

I was astounded to notice that in the Bibframe document, the statement
of responsibility was not coded, but rather included in <title
remainder>.  This is a *major* loss of granularity, particularly if
one wished to print a title list minus statements of responsibility.

I hope Bibframe overrides RDA, and codes alternate titles as <title
remainer>.  If we assign collective titles where lacking,
AACR2/MARC21's having titles after the first as subtitle will not
arise.

Havint alternate titles in title proper, and titles after the first as
subtitle is a major inconsistency.  The "or" (the excuse for keeping
alternate title in title proper) is no more difficult to cope with
than "and" for collections without a collective title.