Philippe:

I had the same response, immediately thinking of things like collected stories (single or multiple authors) and serial issues. These are certainly fairly common in bibliographic metadata, and were not well handled in MARC or MODS. The FRBR model, though admittedly a complex beast, accommodated these materials, and gave some hope that there could be ways of handling those kinds of materials in ways that a machine could understand, rather than (as usual) depending on the human user to figure it out.

Diane Hillmann

Sent from my iPad