Eric:

As it happens I have a lot of examples, and they're even written up, though
not specifically as formal 'use cases'. You may recall that in 2007 DCMI
collaborated with JSC on the building of the RDA Vocabularies. There was
quite a bit of good stuff gathered as part of that activity, which is now
on the wiki of the successor group, the DCMI Bibliographic Metadata Task
Group (
http://wiki.dublincore.org/index.php/Bibliographic_Metadata_Task_Group#).
At the bottom of that page is a like to the historical archives of the
group.

The specific thing that I believe would help is a section called "Cataloger
Scenarios":

http://wiki.dublincore.org/index.php/Cataloger_Scenarios

There are ten scenarios, contributed by a variety of people, and they
generated a fair amount of discussion, most of which is still available
through the JISC archives for the list (which is the same list as the
original group used). As I'm sure you remember, catalogers inspired to
supply examples contribute the knottiest things they know about, based on
their experiences with the materials they catalog. So you'll note that
there are a lot of special format scenarios.

Bon appetit!

Diane

P.S. BTW, one of the best things about RDA is the relationships, all of
which have URIs:
http://metadataregistry.org/schema/show/id/13.html (relationships between
Works Expressions Manifestations Items
http://metadataregistry.org/schema/show/id/4.html (roles). These
vocabularies have just over 750 properties, but some are complicated by the
necessity of describing properties separately when they relate to different
classes.