Could your organization benefit from some free help on technology or
information-related projects? If so, consider participating in the *University
of Michigan School of Information’s annual Alternative Spring Break*program. Becoming a host organization is easy and could be incredibly
beneficial to your federal library.

*WHO:* UMSI graduate students who would love to assist your organization
during this week-long program.

*WHAT:* Our students bring with them the very latest tools in information
management, web design and development, as well as organizational,
communication, and technical skills – not to mention a high level of
energy! They are seeking challenging, professional-level projects. In the
past, students have worked to

   - develop internal library systems
   - perform research and analysis on information policy topics
   - update websites
   - perform usability analysis
   - develop and implement social media solutions
   - among many other projects.

Visit our 2012 ASB program website <http://asb12.cms.si.umich.edu/> to see
students’ previous ASB projects.

*WHEN:* Monday, March 4 through Friday, March 8, 2013

*WHERE:* We partner with non-profit, cultural, government or K-12
educational institutions in Chicago, Detroit, New York, or Washington, D.C.
Students will travel to you.

HOW: Host organizations submit projects related to the areas that are being
studied at UMSI. Often, these projects are technology or information
management-related work that staff members don’t have the time, knowledge,
or resources to complete. Ideal projects include archives and records
management, human-computer interaction (usability), social media tools
development, information policy research and analysis, data/information
analysis and retrieval, and other information management issues.

*COST:* Completely free! All of our students’ expenses are fully funded.

Here’s what past participating organizations have said:

“All SI students I've met have been amazing: they not only are smart but
their ethic of work and professional approaches are impeccable.”

“We find that each student we've hosted has brought a new wealth of
information. They are always great to work with and really inject life into
our work.”

To learn more about participating as a host organization, contact Kelly
Kowatch at [log in to unmask] or (734) 936-8735 or visit our website at
www.si.umich.edu/careers/alternative-spring-break.

Also, feel free to share this opportunity by forwarding this message to any
non-profit, K-12 educational, government, or cultural organizations that
might be interested in participating. I look forward to hearing from you!

Kelly
*
*
*

Kelly A. Kowatch, Assistant Director - **Career Development Office*
*University of Michigan School of Information
*3360 North Quad |105 South State Street |Ann Arbor, MI 48109
(734) 936-8735