Anne Champagne <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Recently, and more frequently, I've been seeing the following type of 700
> in RDA records for artists' monographs:
>

> 700 12 artist's name, $e artist. $k Works. $t Selections.
>

> Presumably this access point is justified by Chapter 6, but can someone
> please help me understand how it's useful?

One rationale might that there's nowhere else in the present bib record nor
in the related work's (eventual?) authority record to post the specific
relationship between the creator and the work.

Slipping a designator in the access point itself--despite the legality of
the $e under MARC--isn't justified by the instructions on building AAPs
following RDA 6.27ff..

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 Minitex
Coordinator                    University of Minnesota