Hi Kevin,

It sounds like my use fits the acceptable category, since I'm using it for research, non-profit, etc. So, I think I'll work with MarkLogic as that's what I'm familiar with (it's our platform for digital collections at work).

I was planning on grabbing a MARC dataset using MarcEdit's Z39.50 feature.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Thanks,

Chris

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM, Kevin Ford <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear Christine,

> there is a restriction that these [ML Licenses] cannot be used for government

> projects. Would BIBFRAME fit in that category?
-- I'm no lawyer, but I believe the license pertains to how you will use MarkLogic.  *Our* direct work with MarkLogic is for a "government project," but your use of it would not be, I imagine.  You would be using MarkLogic for personal, non-profit, or academic use, even though you might be using the BIBFRAME code.  The XQuery code, originating from the Library of Congress, is public domain.

I've never tried BaseX.  The modules in the "modules/" directory should run under BaseX, but you would likely need a specific baseX starter file, such as the ones we created for ML, Zorba, and Saxon.

Yours,

Kevin