Hello again…

First of all, thank you very much for the comments, and…. apologize for a so long reply with a so bad English… L

your answer made me thinking about my own examples and pose me some new questions and comments.

Yes, at wich level (Level 1:Opera// level 2: Clitophon, Republic, Timaeus, Critias // or level 3:Republic) we describe this work is a librarian decision that depend on various factors…  but the point is perhaps that, once decided the level, the possibilities should be more delimited. Too much flexibility play against.

My comments:

-          I think the choice of level  2 (your example) to describe this, is probably the best.

-          The last solution with two series, is a common procedure accepted in MARC and perhaps that’s why, I think is one of the best solution.

But, my question is about  the two first possibilities:

The structure of these two example are the same.  The difference that I see is that in the first example, the title of the part is not “opera”.  The part is the volume 4, but the name for this part is not “opera”.

So the second example is better, because the title of this part is really “Clitophon, Republic, Timaeus, Critias”.

I explain this in detail in the examples themselves.  I hope I’m not disturb very much… J

Thank you very much and happy new year!

Carolina

Carolina Santamarina

Digitalización

Unidad de Recursos de Información Científica para la Investigación - Unit of Information Resources for Research

Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas - Spanish National Research Council

Calle Joaquín Costa 22, Desp. 315

28002 Madrid

Telf.: 34- 91-568 16 79: Ext. Interna 991679

Fax: 91 568 16 81

e-mail:  [log in to unmask]

http://bibliotecas.csic.es