Ian Fairclough wrote:

> I suspect that others beside myself are wondering about these headings.
> Since all textual works have an author, one could presumably add
> "Unknown author" to all works with unidentified writers.  We can argue
> about that (if we've nothing better to do, that is).

If I understand AACR2 properly, it would only be appropriate to use the name "Unknown author" in cases where that is the actual "name" given on the resource.  In fact, many (most?) of the "Unknown ..." established names are for specific people, often with known identities.

Kevin M. Randall
Principal Serials Cataloger
Northwestern University Library
(847) 491-2939