N-Triples is plain-text serialization of RDF, nothing more. This is RDF's
problem.

JSON's RFC (4627) says "JSON text SHALL be encoded in Unicode. The default
encoding is UTF-8."

Again, why wouldn't you be using a JSON parser/serializer to handle this?
And if it's RDF/JSON (or JSON-LD), again, it's RDF's problem.

"RDF in HTML guise" (I assume this is referring to RDFa?) would defer to
the charset declaration of the page, as would any other HTML-based
serialization.

HTML is certainly likely to be the most error-prone (since it's also the
most democratic), but it, again, is an "HTML problem". If the character
encoding matches the declared charset and it's valid HTML... what else can
you do?

-Ross.