Dear Sally,

Will tripping be possible also for MARC host / component part record
combinations? They are used extensively over here for serial & music
cataloguing.  See e.g.

https://viola.linneanet.fi/vwebv/holdingsInfo?searchId=42&recCount=20&recPointer=0&bibId=90814

Will the two-tiered record architecture (host - component part) be
supported in the future format as well, either as interlinked records
(the current model) or as a single record encompassing all the relevant
metadata? And if the plan is to keep the current two tier structure,
have you considered the need / possibility of introducing more tiers (as
in e.g. serial / article / an image within the article)?

For the documents digitized in house, we currently provide a lot of
administrative metadata in MIX, PREMIS and other formats. Some, but not
all, of the data elements supplied in the technical and preservation
metadata are replicated in the MARC 21 record.

Will the future format be all-encompassing in the sense that all the
bibliographic and administrative metadata we have currently have in MARC
21, MIX, PREMIS etc. could be migrated into the new format (and back
again) if there is a valid business need to do that?  Given that in any
well designed digitization pipeline most of the administrative metadata
can be produced automatically replication of some data elements may not
be too much of a problem at the production phase, but things do get a
little bit complicated when information relevant to the end users is
scattered and can not be easily harvested and passed on to other IR
systems.

Best regards,

Juha

--