-----Original Message-----
From: Bibliographic Framework Transition Initiative Forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Trail, Nate
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:00 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BIBFRAME] Punctuation

If it's in a MARC record, there's no need to guess, because the
subfields are already parsed parts. Title proper is 245$a, subtitle is
245$b, etc.
Nate

Nate Trail
Network Development and MARC  Standards Office Technology Policy Mail
stop 4402 Library Services Library of Congress
202-707-2193