Here I was about to call for closure on the “Input screens” thread, before it truly went down the electronic discussion rabbit hole.

But then comes this post by Kathleen Goldfarb, which, I believe, gets us back on track. That is, what are the aspects of a work we really must record to make it findable and relatable to other works in ways that actual users want their systems to work? That must be at the very center of our discussions, and not merely an afterthought after debating the relative merits of a 245 $h. Or whatever.

Please let us simply acknowledge that appropriate input/editing methods will be created to deal with the New World and get back to discussing what truly matters — the data being recorded, and how.
Roy