On behalf of FEDLINK I would like to invite you to join the FEDLINK Library Technician Working Group. The working group is open to all federal information and media center library technicians and support staff, as well as others in the federal library community who have an interest in paraprofessional issues.

Our Mission is to provide a forum for of federal library technicians, paraprofessionals, and support staff to work together to improve the training, promotion, career development, and recognition of their series. It will develop and offer training events, opportunities for career enhancement, and helping to establish a clearing house of skill sets for library support staff. The working group will identify core competencies for technicians and work to change the overall perception of the GS-1411 series as it relates to professional library work.

If you are interested in joining the FEDLINK Library Technician Working Group, please contact me at the information below.

Clark H. Brown

Network Librarian

Library of Congress

FLICC/Fedlink