Hi Everyone -

Please join us for the next in our regular monthly series of free
Department of the Interior Library Park Ranger Speaker Series lectures,
entitled "Telling the Story of America: Initiatives of the Park Service’s
Interpretation & Education Office" on Tuesday, January 15th from 1:00 -
1:45 pm in the Department of the Interior Library.

The mission of the National Park Service’s Interpretation & Education
Office is to tell a more pluralistic and inclusive story of American
history. This branch of the Park Service is currently attempting to do so
through two ongoing projects; the Digital Storytelling Ambassadors Program,
which has been operating in a pilot phase since July 2011, and the March on
Washington Youth Summit, which is being planned for August 26-27, 2013. The
Digital Storytelling Ambassadors Program focuses on everyday people sharing
their perspectives in their own voices similar to NPR's StoryCorps. The
March on Washington Youth Summit will bring 300 high school and college
aged youth to the National Mall to discuss issues relevant to their lives
in the context of the March on Washington and other Civil Rights
commemorations.

 Please join Jocelyn Cole from the Park Service’s Interpretation &
Education Office as she will present what her office has done and where
they are going with these projects. With both initiatives, the
Interpretation and Education Office aims to incorporate the narratives of
Americans whose stories may have been overlooked or ignored.

All that are interested are invited.  The DOI Library is located in the
Main Interior Building, located at 1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151 in
Washington.  Space is limited so please contact the Library by phone at
(202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] to let us know you will be
coming.    For more information about future DOI Library Park Ranger Speaker
 Series programs, we encourage you to visit our new Park Ranger Speaker
Series website at http://www.doi.gov/library/programs/speaker.cfm.

We hope to see you on January 15th!

George Franchois
Director
U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of Facilities and Administrative Services
1849 C Street, NW, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
Phone: (202) 208-3796
Fax: (202) 208-6773