                     We won...and you get the prize!

Gale Virtual Reference Library Voted 'Best Overall Database' by the readers of Library Journal
The November 1st issue of Library Journal presents the list of "Best Databases<http://reviews.libraryjournal.com/2012/10/best-of/database/>" as voted by readers in several categories. GVRL was selected as the "Best Overall" for its depth and features - it hosts more than 9,000 full-text titles from Gale and more than 80 other publishers. GVRL's user-friendly features include an interface that is available in more than 30 languages, ReadSpeaker technology (text-to-speech functionality) for 19 languages, article translation capability, a multi-page viewer for a book-like experience, and the ability to download articles as PDFs to eReaders or MP3 players. Gale also offers promotional help for customers including widgets, MARC records and other tools.
Gale, part of Cengage Learning, plans to commemorate the win with an unprecedented giveaway.
"We're so excited to hear that our customers love GVRL so much that we want to show our love back in a big way," said Nader Qaimari, senior vice president of marketing, Cengage Learning. "That's why we're doing the incomprehensible and giving away one of our top products for free. Everyone should have access to this amazing resource."
Non-GVRL customers - all U.S. Federal Government and Military libraries are eligible to receive a collection of 15 of the most popular eBooks.
1.     American Decades, 10 Volume Set
2.     Encyclopedia of World Biography, Edition 2, 17 Volume Set and Supplement, Volumes 18-23
3.     Encyclopedia of Religion, Edition 2, 15 Volume Set
4.     History Behind the Headlines, 6 Volume Set
5.     UXL Encyclopedia of Alternative Energy, 3 Volume Set
6.     UXL Encyclopedia of Drugs & Addictive Substances, 5 Volume Set
7.     CaseBase 2
8.     Novels For Students, 16 Volume Set

9.     Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine, 4th Edition, 6 Volume Set
10.  New Dictionary of the History of Ideas, 6 Volume Set
11.  Scholarships, Fellowships & Loans, 29th Edition,  3 Volume Set
12.  American Law Yearbook, Edition 2011
13.  Worldmark Encyclopedia of the Nations, 13th Edition,  5 Volume Set
14.  Encyclopedia of Education, 2nd Edition, 8 Volume Set
15.  Schirmer Encyclopedia of Film,  4 Volume Set

As a thank you for their support, existing GVRL customers can select one free eBook from a list of yet unpublished titles. Current customers can contact their Gale sales representative to select their title, and new customers can sign up at http://galesupport.com/giveaway/.
*         Federal (non-Military) Libraries: Contact Kelly Gegich at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or Mark Schmeling at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
*         Military Libraries: Contact Gerry Gordon at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or Nicole Licavoli at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Contact your Gale sales representative today to take advantage of this offer!

Offer expires June 27, 2013

Kelly M. Gegich (Mills)
Executive Account Manager (Field Sales)
Government & Special Libraries
Gale | Cengage Learning
27500 Drake Rd., Farmington Hills, MI 48331

(o) 800-877-4253 x 1914 | (f) 248-699-8600 | (e) [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | www.cengage.com<http://www.cengage.com/>

Mark Schmeling
Gale Cengage Learning
Account Manager (Inside Sales)