Apologies for cross-posting.
Bibliometrics by Librarians and Information Professionals
Location: NIH Library
Date: Thursday, January 31, 2013 from 1:00pm-5:00pm EST
Please join us to discuss the bibliometric analyses being performed by librarians and information professionals in the Washington, DC area.
Bibliometric analysis, the quantitative study of academic publications, is increasingly being performed by librarians and information professionals to assist in evaluating the publications produced by their institutions. Because of their unique skill set and their reputation for reliability and credibility, librarians and information professionals are well-placed to perform these kinds of analyses.
This session will provide a forum for sharing and discussing the bibliometric analyses that have been, and are currently being, performed by librarians and information professionals in the Washington, DC area. Through a series of presentations, informal poster sessions, and discussions, we hope to facilitate dialog among DC-area librarians and information professionals about bibliometric research and to share resources and lessons learned for librarians and information professionals interested in performing bibliometric analyses in the future.
This session will feature presentations and posters by:
- Chris Belter, Public Services Librarian, LAC Group at the NOAA Central Library
- Stacy Bruss and Susan Makar, Research Librarians, NIST Research Library
- Jessica Hernandez, Program Analyst, and Nichole Rosamilia, ORISE Fellow, FDA Center for Devices & Radiological Health; and Rebecca Jacob, Electronic Resources Librarian, FDA Library
- Alice Jacobs, Librarian, Diversity Services at the Gorgas Memorial Library, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research
- Anne White-Olson, Informationist, and Terrie Wheeler, Branch Chief, NIH Library
This session is free and open to all librarians and information professionals in the Washington, DC area interested in bibliometric research. Contact Chris Belter ([log in to unmask]
) if you have any questions.
Chris Belter ([log in to unmask])
Public Services Librarian, LAC Group
On assignment at:
NOAA Central Library
1315 East-West Highway
Silver Spring, MD 20910