Email: [log in to unmask]

Job Title:LIBRARIAN (MEDICAL)

Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs

Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration

Job Announcement Number:VG-13-DLe-823714

SALARY RANGE:

$60,742.00 to $78,962.00 / Per Year

OPEN PERIOD:

Thursday, January 17, 2013 to Thursday, January 24, 2013

SERIES & GRADE:

GS-1410-11

POSITION INFORMATION:

Full Time - Temporary NTE 9/30/2013

DUTY LOCATIONS:

1 vacancy in the following location:
Miami, FL United StatesView Map

WHO MAY APPLY:

United States Citizens

JOB SUMMARY:

VacancyID: 823714

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service.

If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.

The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.

The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define “who we are,” our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (“I CARE”).

America's Veterans need you!

To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/

KEY REQUIREMENTS

DUTIES:

Back to top

NOTE : This is a full-time, TEMPORARY (not-to-exceed 1 year) position. Can be extended for 1 more year or duration of project. This appointment may be renewed for additional service in accordance with Agency needs. Temporary positions do not offer health or life insurance benefits and may be terminated at any time before the expiration date. The appointment to a temporary position does not confer eligibility for promotion or reassignment to other positions or the ability to be non-competitively converted to permanent employment.

This position is located at the Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center, at the Bruce W. Carter VA Medical Center, Miami, Florida.

You will serve as the senior Medical Librarian for the Laboratory of E-learning and Multimedia Research. You will provide experienced integrated knowledge based information services and instruction to support older veterans' patient education and self management training activities for veterans at the MyHealthe Vet Clinic. This position fulfills the National VA Strategic Plan Refresh that seeks to enhance the veteran experience and access to healthcare using the MyHealthe Vet personal health record to provide world class communication between patients, providers, and care coordinators.

You will provide reference and public services to Medical Center staff, affiliated students, patients, and their families; locate and select appropriate material/information using broad range of current and retrospective sources (on-line computer databases, other libraries, or external sources);develop reading lists and bibliographies to meet user needs; participate in collection development/management including acquisition, organization, maintenance, preservation, and removal or replacement of materials and consolidate and prepare variety of reports and statistics. You will perform other duties as assigned.

WORK SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday, 8 am until 4:30 pm

  ***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***