New Year brings new opportunities!

We have posted two Librarian positions for the Health and Information Products Unit in the Reference and Web Services Section.  The application period will be open for 5 days.   The positions are listed on the NLM Jobs Page:  http://www.nlm.nih.gov/about/jobs/jobs.html

We’re looking for talented people to help provide access to consumer health information by supporting work on MedlinePlus, MedlinePlus en español, MedlinePlus Mobile and MedlinePlus Connect.  We invite and encourage eligible candidates to apply for these wonderful opportunities to work with our team and help support one of NLM’s premier products. If you have a passion for disseminating reliable consumer health information, and you enjoy being part of a team, please consider applying.  If you want to learn more about this position, please contact me or Stephanie Dennis.
The very short posting time of five days reflects the government's effort to hire talented people quickly and we are sending this announcement to give you time to prepare your resume and USAJobs account.  You can create your account now in USAJobs and upload your resume, before the posting appears.

Please note that additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement:

•         Preservation & Collection Management Section (PCM) hopes to hire a Librarian with experience in library digitization or digital preservation programs. Questions about the PCM position should go to Walter Cybulski.

•         The Rare Books and Early Manuscripts Section (RBEM) are also looking to hire a Librarian with experience in cataloging rare books.  Questions about the RBEM position should go to Michael North.

•         In addition, the MEDLARS Management Section (MMS) is recruiting for their Terminology QA and User Support Unit. This Unit provides support for the Unified Medical Language System (UMLS) which integrates and distributes key terminology, classification and coding standards, and associated resources to promote creation of more effective and interoperable biomedical information systems and services, including electronic health records. Questions about the MMS position should go to Dianne Babski.

Interested candidates should apply to this same job announcement for consideration.

Terry Ahmed
Head, Reference and Web Services
Public Services Division