Please excuse cross postings.

Good morning from snowy and chilly Bethesda, MD and the National Library of Medicine.

Our announcement for the position of Head, ILL Unit here at NLM is open for applications on www.usajobs.gov.  Please refer to Job Announcement # NIH-NLM-DE-13-790953

The posting will be available for five days, beginning today and ending on Monday, Jan. 28, 2013.  Please see the announcement for details on how to apply – the job is open to both status and non-status candidates.

We are looking for a manager with a back ground in public services, particularly resource sharing, to lead our busy ILL Unit.  We are a lend-only operation with most ILL traffic coming through DOCLINE.  NLM serves as the library of last resort for ILL in the National Network of Libraries of Medicine.

The quick turn-around time reflects our efforts to hire quickly and efficiently.

Thanks, Dee

Deirdre Clarkin

Head, Collection Access Section

National Library of Medicine