From: "Philip Schreur" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, December 4, 2012 2:47:44 PM
Subject: [PCCLIST] Relationship Designator TG Report Open for Comment

All,
I am extremely pleased to announce that the final report of the Relationship Designator Task Group is now available on the PCC website:
Relationship Designator TG Report
http://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/rda/RDA%20Task%20groups%20and%20charges/PCC-Relat-Desig-TG-report.rtf

The group was chaired by Naun Chew and was asked to provide a policy statement and guidelines for providing relationship designators in PCC RDA bibliographic records. In particular, they were asked to:
1. Prepare a policy recommendation and supporting PCC guidelines to describe when and how to provide relationship designators in bibliographic records, and for any related changes in authority records.
2. Provide recommendations and guidance on what PCC catalogers should do when a needed term is not listed in the applicable RDA appendix.
3. Frame the guidelines within a definition and description of the problem so that both the concept and the implementation details will be understood by the PCC and broader professional community
4. Recommend an implementation strategy and timetable for these guidelines. The report has made a number of excellent recommendations. Please read the document carefully, we are very much interested in your comments. The comment period will be open until the end of this month (Dec. 31st) and comments can be directed to SurveyMonkey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TZ6DZX5 . All the best.

Philip
--
Philip E. Schreur
Head, Metadata Department