From: AUTOCAT [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Denise Kane
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 12:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ACAT] Dr. Robert Ellett

Hello ACATers,

I received sad news today from Sandy Hirsh, Director of the School of Library and Information Science at San Jose State University. Dr. Robert Ellett passed away suddenly this morning.
Here is her message:

"A message from SJSU SCHOOL OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE

I have just received some very sad news.  Dr. Robert Ellett passed away suddenly this morning.   Dr. Ellett was a tremendous colleague and mentor, and a great instructor in our School.   He will be missed by us all!  SLIS will be honoring Dr. Ellett once we get more details.  However, I wanted to let you know about this now.  I am shocked, as I am sure you are.   We will be in touch about a change of instructor for his Libr 248 classes; unfortunately we will have to cancel his 1 unit RDA class -Libr 287-17.

I am sorry to have to share such sad news.

Dr. Hirsh"

I was one of Dr. Ellett's students at SJSU. He was an amazing professor and gifted cataloger.

Denise Kane

AUTOCAT quoting guide: http://www.cwu.edu/~dcc/Autocat/copyright.html
E-mail AUTOCAT listowners:             [log in to unmask]
Search AUTOCAT archives:  http://listserv.syr.edu/archives/autocat.html
  By posting messages to AUTOCAT, the author does not cede copyright