From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jenifer K Marquardt
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2013 9:54 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] Series question

Good morning, everyone.

Currently there is a series in the OCLC file (ARN 9034256) (no2011176143) titled:

Harvard Early Modern and Modern Greek Library. ǂp Supplement

If you look at past versions of this series in the history file, it was formerly:

Harvard Early Modern and Modern Greek Library

lacking the delimiter p Supplement

I think that this change from delimiter a to include a delimiter p was in error.  We hold the 2011 title that is in the 670, and the series title page does not mention supplement.  It does have the acronym HEEMMGL preceeding the number 1.  But, no supplement.  Our item was a paperback, however, and has been bound.  We lack the covers.  Did supplement actually appear not on the series t.p. as indicated in the 670, but on the cover somewhere?

Our piece also has an extensive series description that does not mention the suppl. aspect, so I am thinking that perhaps there is both a basic series and and Suppl. version.

Does anyone have titles that might help clarify what is going on?

Thank you for checking!

Jenifer

Jenifer K. Marquardt
Asst. Head of Cataloging & Authorities Librarian University of Georgia Athens, GA 30602-1641