Please excuse cross-postings.

Topic:  “What’s New with Technical Services? Sharing Tips and Tricks”

Technical Services Managers in Academic Libraries Interest Group will meet Saturday, January 26, 2013 from 8:30 – 10:00 (please note new start time) in the Renaissance Seattle Hotel - Federal/Superior Rooms.

Change is the new normal in academic libraries and Technical Services are at the forefront. Please join other Technical Services Managers in Academic Libraries as we discuss these changes and share ideas among small groups in a round-table setting.

Table topics include:

·         RDA implementation

·         Ebooks - the changes and challenges they’ve brought to Technical Services

·         Changing staff roles for changing times

·         Vendor MARC records: are they "good enough" for our online catalogs?

·         Acquisitions/Serials: changing workflows, changing relationships

We welcome those who have an interest in technical services management in college and university libraries, with no rules about who is “medium-sized” or who is an “administrator”. We hope you can join us for an interesting discussion.

-- Annie

Anping Wu (Annie)

Head, Metadata and Bibliographic Services

University of Houston Libraries

114 University Libraries

Houston, TX 77204

Phone: 713-743-9678

Fax: 713-743-9748

Email: [log in to unmask]

[log in to unmask]" alt="Description: cid:[log in to unmask]">