From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bothmann, Robert L
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Provider-Neutral E-Resource Guidelines

Page 10, 264$a Notes "All online resources are considered published"
RDA does not say this and so far as I can tell there is no RDA equivalent to 9.4B2 in RDA.
We still need some clarification of production vs. publication where it involves electronic resources. For example, the ProQuest digital dissertation is not something I would consider published; it  is produced by the university and distributed in electronic form by ProQuest. No actual publication has occurred, only a distribution.

I know this will not be an issue for most resources that fall under PN guidelines. However, the blanket statement to consider all online resources published could be misleading.