Bobby and others,

I'm writing to respond to two of the comments in Bobby's email.

Re:  the statement about online resources being published.  The JSC did approve the addition of the sentence “Consider all online resources to be published" to RDA 2.8.1.1 at its November 2012 meeting (see the report of outcomes at
http://www.rda-jsc.org/2012JSCmeetingoutcomes.html). The sentence will be added in the RDA Toolkit with other changes from that November meeting in coming months.

Re:  the statement about lack of "Print reproduction (manifestation)" in appendix J.  This appendix is not a closed list; catalogers may use another designator to represent a relationship not included in the appendix.  Also, PCC can, via the ALA representative to the JSC, propose additions to the appendix.  Such additions are handled on a Fast Track basis and don't need a formal proposal.

Judy Kuhagen
JSC Secretary