There appears to be a discrepancy between PCC instructions on order of
subfields on the 040 and the OCLC instructions.

From OCLC BibFormat:

 ‡e Description conventions The rules for descriptive cataloging used to
create the record, other than AACR2, AACR1, ALA 1908, ALA 1941, or ALA
1949. Use to indicate use of AACR2-based manuals approved by the Library of
Congress or by ALA. See the code list for Description Convention Source
Codes ( http://www.loc.gov/standards/sourcelist/descriptive-conventions.html).
If you are using your own descriptive conventions, enter your OCLC
symbol in subfield ‡e. Enter subfield ‡e immediately after subfield ‡ a.

However, PCC instructs that $e should follow $b. Since the above omits
mention of $b entirely, I'm assuming it's an oversight, and the OCLC
instructions have not been revised since use of $b eng has become more
widespread. The cataloger in question has been doing DCRM(B) cataloging,
and has just begun working in RDA. The non-RDA copy she's seeing
consistently has $e before $b.

I would hope that it would be one way or the other, regardless of whether
RDA or BIBCO cataloging was being performed. I don't see a strong reason
for PCC to differ in this regard from other cataloging going on in
Connexion.

--
Christine DeZelar-Tiedman
Manager, Archives and Special Collections Metadata Unit