iPRES-2013 - Call for Contributions
iPRES, the major international conference on digital preservation, will be held at the Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon, Portugal, from 2-6 September 2013. The conference invites original contributions addressing a wide range digital preservation challenges. Papers, posters and demonstrations, panels, and workshops topics of interest include (but are not limited to) the following:
Call for Contributions:
· Full and Short Papers: Full papers (8 to 10 pages) must report research work with proved results. Short papers (4 to 6 pages) can focus in new challenges and work in progress. All contributions, which must report on novel and previously unpublished work, will be peer-reviewed by at least 3 members of the scientific Program Committee. The accepted papers will be published in the iPRES-2013 proceedings (in digital form). Best papers will be recommended for publication in archival journals.
· Posters and Demonstrations: Submissions (2 to 4 pages) are encouraged for posters reporting on emerging issues or work in progress, and also for demonstrations of innovative solutions. All contributions will be peer-reviewed. The accepted posters and demos will be published in the proceedings.
· Panels: Proposals for thematic panels to be held during the main conference program can be submitted by 3 to 5 experts. Acceptance will be judged on the merits of the proposal and relevance for the expected audience. Proposals must detail the subject, motivation and panelists.
· Workshops: Proposals for thematic workshop are welcome. Proposals must detail the subject, scope, program committee and intended content. Ideally, workshops should be open to public registration and participation. Acceptance will be judged on the merits of the proposal, requirements for its organization, and local capability to support it (which should not be a major constraint).
· Tutorials: Tutorials must be on a single topic, addressed at either an introductory level or an in-depth, expert level. Submissions, for tutorials should include a brief abstract and an outline of the content, the duration (half-day 3 hours or full-day 6 hours), a description of the intended audience and the expected learning outcomes, and a short biography of the presenter(s).
· Doctoral Symposium: iPRES-2013 will hold a Doctoral Symposium. A specific call for contributions will be issued, in cooperation with the DC-2013…
· Full or Short Papers, Posters or Demonstrations: Proposals must be submitted on-line, in PDF, according to the ACM template (preserving the empty space in lieu of the ACM copyright note in the bottom left corner)
o Submission: http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ipres2013
o Template: http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates
· Workshops, Tutorials or Panels: Proposals must be submitted by email to [log in to unmask].
· 21 April 2013: Deadline for Submission of Papers, Posters and Demonstrations
· 19 May 2013: Deadline for Workshops
· 26 May 2013: Workshops notification
· 02 June 2013: Deadline for Tutorials and Panels
· 07 June 2013: Author notification
· 09 June 2013: Draft program announcement
· 08 July 2013: Deadline for early registration
· 02 September 2013: Tutorials sessions and Doctoral Symposium
· 03 September 2013: Conference starting…
· 05 September 2013: …Conference closing (noon time)
· 05 September 2013: Workshops starting (afternoon)…
· IPRES-2013 web site: http://ipres2013.ist.utl.pt/
General email contact for IPRES-2013: [log in to unmask]
· IPRES-2013 will be held at the Instituto Superior Técnico: https://www.ist.utl.pt/en/
· iPRES-2013 will be co-located with the International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata Applications, DC-2013: http://dcevents.dublincore.org/index.php/IntConf/dc-2013/
Please forward this call to anybody who might be interested!
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system. The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent and does not constitute legal advice. We cannot accept any responsibility for viruses, so please scan all attachments. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the DPC. Registered Office, Innovation Centre, University Way, York Science Park, Heslington, YORK YO10 5DG Registered in England No: 4492292