Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=111). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV 16.0 - ARSCLIST Archives

> One approach could be to rent the equipement and installation locally, but
> ARSC have its own operators. Hands?
>
> I have been the AV boy for a local Rotary Club for many years, from back
in the days of the Kodak Carousel, and I sometimes wish for the return of
the Carousel, when the worst emergency was a blown bulb or a slide that
wouldn't drop.  One of the most stressful situations you can have is when
the speaker shows up, often a little late, and his/her laptop doesn't like
our projector/sound system, or the speaker brings his/her presentation on
non/semi compatible media.  MS has planted enough little time bombs in the
different versions of Windows and PP, so that the 5 minutes before the
presentation can be excruciating.  The worst case scenario is when the
speaker shows up with a MAC, and doesn't realize we have a VGA projector,
even though that information was sent to him/her prior to the meeting. They
assume we have a converter/adapter and we assume they have done it before,
and have the necessary equipment. There is no substitute for operator
expertise and experience.  Also, a very valid point was raised about what
is on your PP slide.  Way too many people put a slide up and then read it
word for word. Another annoyance is the use of random slide transitions.
Just because they are there, you don't need to use them. Maybe a good
subject for a presentation at an ARSC convention would be how to put a
presentation together, including how to make things work in the 5 minutes
before show time.

--
Frank B Strauss, DMD