Hi Mike,

I'm with you in everything you wrote, except I don't think we need an ideal
world. I want it all now.  I'd add that we clearly are at the beginning of
really fascinating software applications for all the sound files we have in
PCM or DSD. Tailoring or tweaking the sound output could give us some
spectacular results. I've always wondered why digital processing was
trapped inside a hardware box instead of exposed for user manipulation.

L. H. Kevil