Don,

One can see lots of devices that claim to "correct" jitter problems and you
see them use verbs like "reclocking" to correct jitter errors.  Are you
saying this is a myth, and that all that can be done is for a device to
prevent jitter at the outset, not fix it?  But if devices can fix an
incoming stream of data to correct jitter errors, it would seem that a
recording containing a data stream with jitter errors could just as easily
be corrected.  A data stream is a data stream.  I don't have any answers,
just questions ...

Thanks,
John Haley