The term "overcut" does appear in the following book:

by Larry Boden (1980)

Overcut: "a conditon where adjacent grooves intercut with each other"


2013/2/12 Paul Stamler <[log in to unmask]>

> Hi folks:
> Can anyone recommend a book I can cite about the phenomenon of "cutover",
> where an overmodulated phonograph groove cuts through the wall into the
> adjacent groove, causing skipping in playback? I remember, from many years
> ago, a discussion of this someplace, including a photo of a cutover groove,
> but I can't find it now. I thought it was in the Radiotron Designer's
> Handbook, but it doesn't seem to be.
> If someone could recommend such a reference -- ideally including the term
> "cutover" -- I'd be most grateful.
> Peace,
> Paul

*sent from my ringing donkey*