On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 6:48 AM, Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Like I said in my previous post, it's a business, so there has to be a
> viable market to make a profit. As learned the hard way by everyone in the
> single-CD reissue days, one enthusiastic reissue producer and a few loud
> collectors do not make a viable market, and much money was lost on some
> reissues (to be fair, in other cases money was lost due to cutbacks which
> took titles out of print long before they were projected to be in the
> black).

As usual, I appreciate Tom's insight.  I am listening to the incredibly
famous Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No 1 while writing this, from the
recently received Living Stereo box set, that I paid $126.99 plus $2.98
shipping for.  Seller was M and L in Germany.  The set arrived in less than
two weeks.  I have a number of the LP's in this set, but I have played the
hell out of them; it's a real pleasure to listen again like new.  I noticed
that the set is still available from Amazon partners from $95.40 to $447.
I also bought the first MLP set, directly from Amazon, and will get on the
pre-order list for set 2 as soon as it's possible. I really like the
ability to get these remastered CD's at a reasonable price.  I have so many
on LP, but they've all been played.  How else could you get such quality at
a reasonable price?
--
Frank B Strauss, DMD