Hello - I have just finished digitizing four of Arthur Todd's recordings for
the Bluebird label. I just received 7434 - Thanks for the Memory/Good Night
Sweet Dreams Good Night. The other record is Bluebird 7446-Any Old Lane Is
Lover's Lane. All four have guitar accompaniment by Arthur Todd and the
vocals are all a high tenor. Reminiscent of Nick Lucas's recordings, I
believe the connection to Dick Todd is a misconception, made even more
confusing in that they were both born in 1914, and both recorded for
Bluebird. Dick Todd is said to play trumpet, not guitar. Art Todd married
Dottie and had a big hit with 'Chanson D'amour' and 'Broken Wings' in the
mid fifties.
If this is all true, I would like to know what happened to Arthur Todd
between 1938 and 1953? I have checked later years for the Bluebird label to
no avail. I am wondering if RCA would still have the accounts with regard to
payment for these sessions and the names associated therof. -

A mystery waiting to be solved - thanks for your help -  Mickey Clark

Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/MickeyRClark
M.C.Productions Vintage Recordings
    710 Westminster Ave. West