I was informed by Seth Winner yesterday that David Hamilton - an ARSC
member almost from the beginning died on Tuesday. Knowing David, hanging with
him at the ARSC conventions and finding a common denominator between my
"pop" interests  and his "classical" interests (BTW, that common  interest was
Stan Freberg!) was one of the great joys of my life. David has been  ill for
a few years and I think the Washington DC Conference was the first one I
did not see him at.

There hasn't been a published obituary yet and Seth said there may be a
memorial service in the future but - having not seen a posting here yet - I
thought I should pass on the sad news (though he is not suffering  any  more)
to his many friends in ARSC. David was a "class act", by all means, and
I'm  sure he is tuning in the Saturday Met Opera broadcasts from "on high".
There will be an article about him in the next ARSC Newsletter.

Peace be with you David.

Steve Ramm