On 2/22/2013 9:59 AM, Joel Alperson wrote:
> My big question is, what is the easiest way for me to learn to use a
> software package like Samplitude (recommended by Richard Hess)? I've
> seen an instruction manual or two for these types of programs and
> they're massive and seem very complex. Given that for now I'm just
> interested in recording (not editing) material, I'd hope there's an
> easier way for me to  get familiar with these products.

I'll venture to disagree with Richard's recommendation of Samplitude.
It's an extremely powerful and flexible program, loaded with features
that you won't need for this project. I recommend a less fancy program,
something like Adobe Audition, which is far more intuitive and has a
less-steep learning curve. It won't do a lot of the things that
Samplitude can do -- but you won't be doing those things.

Peace,
Psul