RCA Red Seal (classical front-line label) pressed its first digital record -- Ormandy/Philly Bartok
Concerto for Orchestra -- on red vinyl. Does anyone know for sure if they did any other first-issue
digitals on red vinyl?

Pablo also did their first series of digital records on red vinyl. I suspect RCA was doing the
pressing, although by that time Pablo was saying "Manufactured by Pablo Records" on their LPs. The
early Pablo records said on the label that they were manufactured by RCA. I suspect that Norman
Granz got that changed once the label got established, but probably kept RCA doing the pressing
until Pablo was bought by Fantasy Group.

Anyway, was anyone else using red vinyl regularly in that time period -- 1978-1980?

-- Tom Fine