Get those programmers busy Mac!  Of course, this is not the full
record that would be needed to reconstitute a library's ILS should it
go down, but they should be able to get that directly from OCLC,
assuming that they are customers of that utility.  In fact, they would
have to do that unless you were maintaining a file of at least OCLC
bib record identifiers (OCLC numbers) for each customer.  That would
mean that the customer would have to maintain holdings both in OCLC
and with SLC (keeping track of adds and deletes), something that many
of us can't manage with just OCLC itself.

The last URL provided in Jeff Young's message is what gives me hope
for the future, as each of these headings (OK, "access points") is
represented by a static link to VIAF, to LC, to Dewey, and to
WorldCat.  That is what will eventually enable us to maintain our
subjects and names in real time using authority data that is
elsewhere.  Now, if we could just link our full serial and e-resource
records to static links that would refresh ceased and continuation
titles, URLs, publishers, etc. we would be in business!

   Charley

--
Charley Pennell
Principal Cataloger