And to underline Mac's discomfort over the vocabulary (i.e. the term
"collation"), many of us cataloguers interpret "collation" and the
description of the physical characteristics of a volume.  One may say
"you'll get used to this," but lately I've been reading a discussion thread
in the rare materials field where the expression of the correct (complex)
collation of an early printed volume is being considered.

Hal Cain
Melbourne, Australia