Punxsutawney Phil says Spring is just around the corner! And that means the Strategic Liaisons program is merely weeks away.

Now is the time to step out of the shadows and register to join colleagues from around the country who will be gathering to listen to the presidents of ALA and SLA address our profession's challenges and opportunities.

What better way to expand your network and consider your professional future than to attend a reception and dinner program Tuesday, April 30th at the Greenbelt, Maryland Marriott, convenient to METRO, BWI airport, Amtrak and the I95 corridor.

"Strategic Liaisons: Game-changing Conversations," organized by the SLA Maryland Chapter will be an evening of thought-provoking conversation with Maureen Sullivan, ALA President and Deb Hunt, SLA President -- leaders of the two largest associations in our profession. Both are to address the direction of librarianship, information service and knowledge management in the 21st century, the visions the associations are preparing for and the navigation strategies being put into place.

"We developed this program because the future endeavors of our professional associations and how they operate within the information services industry is important to everyone." said Chris Olson and Maria Pisa, creators of the program.  "We welcome everyone to attend, regardless of their information service practice environment, and to become engaged in shaping how our associations address the key issues facing us today and tomorrow."

Registration to this program is now open.

If you're familiar with former SLA Maryland Chapter events, you know that we get sellout crowds for Signature Events like this one. Nearly 100 people are already registered and we haven't really promoted it! We urge you to register now to secure a seat. Generous sponsors are enabling us to keep ticket prices low.

Read more at: http://maryland.sla.org/events2013/strategic-liaisons

When: Tuesday, April 30, 2013  (5:30- 8:45pm)

What: Networking reception followed by a seated meal, presentations by Maureen Sullivan & Deb Hunt, cash card drawings.

Register at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/slregister

SLA Maryland Chapter

Strategic Liaisons Program Committee Co-Chairs

Chris Olson, Maria Pisa, Annette Haldeman and Lisa Colaianne

Questions??? Send an email to : [log in to unmask]

Become a sponsor! Request information: [log in to unmask]

Like the SLA Maryland Chapter on Facebook!  Invite colleagues through the Strategic Liaisons event page!