    This should have been qualified with (Rapper or Rap musician) to begin with.  (It’s my record, so I can say what I want about it!)  However, if he can now be considered “entrepreneur, investor and actor” as well, then my third alternative below is probably the best one. The first version of the AR looked like this:

010  no2003002159
040  PPi-MA ǂb eng ǂc PPi-MA
1000 50 Cent ǂc (Musician)
4000 Fifty Cent ǂc (Musician)
4001 Jackson, C. ǂq (Curtis)
4001 Jackson, Curtis
670  Music from and inspired by the motion picture 8 mile [SR] p2002: ǂb container (50 Cent) insert (C. Jackson)
670  All music guide WWW site, Jan. 8, 2003 ǂb (50 Cent; b. Curtis Jackson, Queens, NY; rapper)
670  OCLC database, Jan. 8, 2003 ǂb (hdgs.: 50 Cent (Musician); 50 Cent, rapper)

     More worrisome is what to do in upgrading this to RDA.  There are almost too many possibilities:

50 Cent ǂc (Rapper)
50 Cent ǂc (Rapper), ǂd 1975-
50 Cent, ǂd 1975-

     I think we’ve established, mainly though Richard Moore’s thoughtful statements, that $c would precede $d.  But the question remains: with a birth date clearly identifying “50 Cent” as a person, is the additional of Occupation even necessary:

010  no 00088820
040  RPB-M ǂb eng ǂc RPB-M ǂd PPi-MA ǂd DLC ǂe rda ǂd ICrlF
046  ǂf 1971
1000 Chali 2na, ǂd 1971-
372  Music industry
373  Jurassic 5
374  Rapper
375  male
377  eng
4000 Chali2na, ǂd 1971-
4001 2na, Chali
4000 Chali2na ǂc (Musician)
4001 Stewart, Charles, ǂd 1971-
4001 Tuna, Charlie
4000 Chali 2na ǂc (Musician) ǂw nnea

I haven’t been consistent myself.  I’d like to be, going forward at least.

Chuck Herrold
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh