Dear PREMIS Editorial Committee,

We would like to record a number of diverse pieces of information about normalization events (eg name and version of tool, normalization command, link to a format policy registry) which should ideally be in separate elements. It seems to me these are all details about the event - i.e. <eventDetail>, which is a non-repeatable field. Has the EC ever considered making this a repeatable field, or would it consider doing so in the future? Or should we be looking at some other part of PREMIS to capture this information? Thanks for your help.

--
Evelyn McLellan
Director, Consulting Services